Message from our PRESIDENT
By Linda Faye Collins
It was a lovely exhibit at the Music Academy last month. Congratulations to all who participated. Your board is now turning its attention to shaping up the committees for next year, under our new President, Kathy McGill. If you haven't done so already, and are willing to help in even a small way, please email me and let us know.
While l will be stepping down as president, I will remain as treasurer, and will have the privilege of continuing to enjoy the company of our other delightful board members.
By Karen Glancy
A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ALL!
A very big and grateful thank you to all of the volunteers of our Fall Show at the Music Academy, October 14 and 15 "Trails Parks and Open Spaces". It was a very beautiful and well received show. Congratulations to the artists that sold their paintings.
Especially thankful for the set up and take down crew chair Filiberto Lomeli and all his helpers. It is a big job and we really needs some younger in body workers, as a lot of us are getting a bit older and can’t lift as much anymore.
- The ingathering committee Chair Carol Zepke and her volunteer’s.
- The Hanging committee Chair Libby Smith and volunteer’s.
- The advertising and public relations Chair Christine Flannery.
- The reception and entertainment Committee Linda Collins.
- The Sales Committee Chair Fred Powell and Lee Savage.
- And to our Beneficiary Mark Wilkinson the CEO from Santa Barbara Trails Council.
A Big Congratulation to our Award Winners:
Juror’s Choice Award by Michele Janee for "Incoming Fog"
First place by Nina Warner for "Beach Walk"
Second place by Kelly Hine for "Goleta Beach"
Third place by Libby Smith for "Spring Flowers"
Honorable Mentions by Ann Anderson, Karen Glancy, Cathy Winton
People's Choice Award Beatrice Burgeon
At present we do not have another show organized but are working on some for in the spring.